Below you will find a detailed guide on connecting Coinbase Pro to your TaxBit account.
Note: Before starting, please have the Coinbase Pro API Exchange page pulled up in your TaxBit account. You can access this API Exchange page by going to the Add Transactions page > Add Exchange > Locate the Coinbase Pro option.
1. In a separate browser, or browser tab, log into your Coinbase Pro account. Once logged in, select your profile tab in the top-right corner.
2. Click on API in the dropdown list.
3. Click + New API Key to get started with the API creation.
4. You'll get an Add An API Key popup. Please go about the following steps:
4a. Fill our your API Key nickname. This can be anything you'd like. For this example, I typed in "TaxBit" for that field. Also note that this field isn't an item needed when connecting your Coinbase Pro to TaxBit.
4b. Only check View for your Permissions.
4c. Copy your Passphrase and paste it into the Passphrase field within your TaxBit Coinbase Pro API Exchange page.
4d. You can leave the IP Address field blank.
4e. Click Create API Key.
5. A 2-Step Verification popup will appear in order to proceed. Please follow through by entering in the code using the MFA method that you have set up.
6. Once passing the 2-Step Verification, you'll receive your API Secret.
6a. Copy your API Secret and paste it into the Secret field within your TaxBit Coinbase Pro API Exchange page.
6b. Select Done.
7. However, we're not quite done yet! We have the final piece of the puzzle. Once clicking Done, you'll be brought back to your API page. This is where your API Key is located. Copy your API Key and paste it into the Key field within your TaxBit Coinbase Pro API Exchange page.
8. Land back on your Coinbase Pro API Exchange page within your TaxBit account that has your filled fields, and link your exchange.
Once linked, you're all set! Your Coinbase Pro account will be successfully linked to your TaxBit account, and the sync will proceed start.