Occasionally you’ll encounter an error message when connecting an API with an exchange saying, “Something went wrong. If the problem persists, please contact support.” This means your pop-up blockers are enabled.
When pop-up blockers are enabled, it doesn’t allow the API to fully link to both the exchange and TaxBit. These can easily be disabled in order to allow the link between your accounts to run as designed.
- In the Safari app on your Mac, choose Safari > Preferences, then click Websites.
- Click Pop-up Windows.
- Block pop-up windows for A website in the list:
Select the website in the right column, then choose the option you want.
All websites that aren’t currently customized: Click the “When visiting other websites” pop-up menu in the bottom-right corner of the pane, then choose the option you want.
You can see all websites you’ve customized under Configured Websites. If you don’t see Configured Websites, either you haven’t customized a website yet, or you’ve cleared the list. See Change Websites preferences in Safari on Mac.
All websites: Make sure no websites are listed under Configured Websites (to clear the list quickly, select the websites, then click Remove). Click the “When visiting other websites” pop-up menu, then choose the option you want.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.
- Click Pop-ups and redirects.
- At the top, turn the setting to Allowed or Blocked.
- Click the Settings and More ••• button on the upper-right side of the browser.
- Click Settings.
- Click Site Permissions.
- Select Pop-ups and redirects and switch to toggle it between Off and On.
Note: Set this option to Off to disable the pop-up blocker or On to enable it.
If you still encounter an error message after disabling pop up blockers, feel free to reach out to the support team. Our agents would love to assist you in connecting your APIs!