If you notice your My Coins balances aren’t what you were expecting, there are several possible causes for that discrepancy.
What data contributes to My Coins balances?
Generally speaking, your My Coins data comes exclusively from the API connections and wallet integrations you’ve set up on your TaxBit account. Please note, that there are many exchanges that will only report your trading balances and not any staking balances over their API connection.
For more information on the data that contributes to your My Coins balances, feel free to check out our article HERE.
There are a few unique things to note about viewing My Coins data from a wallet integration.
- Wallet integrations will only show coin balances from that wallet, not token balances. So an ETH wallet integration will only show you the ETH balances from your wallet and not the USDT, USDC, or GUSD balances that are also in that wallet.
- The My Coins page will only show you the coin balances from the last wallet that was connected, and the coins shown will only be from that wallet’s specific blockchain. So if you connect an ETH wallet then connect a second ETH wallet, you'll only see ETH balances from the second ETH wallet you connected.
Causes of incorrect My Coins balances
Based on the information above, there are some common reasons that would cause those My Coins balances to be incorrect.
- Your API or wallet connections haven't been synced in a while or one or more of your connections aren’t syncing correctly. We have articles on how to resolve both of those issues HERE and HERE.
- The platform isn't reporting certain balances over their public API, e.g. staking balances.
- Certain coin balances may be coming from CSVs you’ve added to your account.
- You have multiple wallets from the same blockchain, or there are token balances from one of your wallets that aren’t being shown.
If you're unsure of the cause of your incorrect My Coins balances, or if you feel like the cause isn’t one of the issues listed above, feel free to reach out to our Support Team. We’ll happily help you look into any discrepancies..
Still have questions? Send us an email at email@example.com or chat with us using our live chat feature, and we'd be happy to help!