Once all of your data has been imported or synced to TaxBit, you can download Form 8949 from your account.
Downloading your forms 8949 is simple. All you need to do is visit the Taxes page, click the Download IRS 8949 button, and select the version you need. There are five options for form downloads:
- CSV - This version is for users who are looking to review their data, and need to utilize tools that break up their data in a spreadsheet format.
- PDF - This version is for users who are looking to download their forms in the official IRS format with all of the data already filled out. This option is popular with users who have a CPA who needs their Form 8949.
- TurboTax (Online) CSV - This version is for users of the TurboTax online website who need a pre-formatted file and instructions for importing into TurboTax. You’ll get two files when you select this option; one is Form 8949 in a CSV file type and the other is instructions for importing. Please Note: when you are ready to import your TurboTax Online CSV, you will need to unzip the folder you download from TaxBit. Attempting to upload files that are zipped will not work in TurboTax.
- TurboTax (Desktop) TXF - This version is for users who have the TurboTax application installed on their Desktop. The download will be in TXF format, which won’t open if you attempt to view the file outside of TurboTax.
- TurboTax Aggregated CSV - This version is for users of the TurboTax Online website who need a pre-formatted file that can import into Turbotax, but their forms 8949 contain more than 4000 rows of data. The data in this file is aggregated to reduce the total number of transactions and requires additional steps for proper filing. Instructions are found HERE.
- TaxAct CSV - This version is for users who need a pre-formatted file and instructions for importing into TaxAct.
- Wolters Kluwer CSV - This version is for users who need a pre-formatted file in the Wolters Kluwer format.
Still have questions? Reach out to the Customer Experience Team with our in app widget in the bottom right corner, and we'd be happy to help!
Disclaimer: Keywords below are added to articles to enhance searching for content within our Help Center.